Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's been too long

Hey, readers and friends!!

Sorry it's been so long since I blogged... just life getting in the way...

but I ran my first race in Vibrams on Saturday... the Race for the Cure 5k in Winston-Salem, NC...

I was a little nervous because I had not run that far in the vibrams yet, but I was determined to push through the pain (if there was any) and run to the end...

Here's the thing... the entire first mile was UP HILL... at a fairly steep grade... so I had to stop towards the top and walk up because I was not going to sprain my ankle for a charity 5k...

All in all it was a good race... a lot warmer than I am used to for races... in the 70s!! so I was happy with my 37mins finish...

My thoughts about the vibrams.... I'm definitely happy I have them... and will continue to train, hopefully running the Philly in them in November... but weirdness in the muscles in my feet... and strange blister on the side of my foot... I need to keep working with them... I'm not particularly happy that they are super tight on my ankle and i have to wear bandaids so they dont cut the back of my ankle/heel... but that could be my fault for buying the clearance ones online instead of the $100 in-store that I tried on...

so... vibrams... To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment