Saturday, April 23, 2011

Running in gloves...

Both of my half marathon triumphs have been held during the winter, so running with gloves is nothing new to me. Although, around mile 2 or 4, I typically ditch those gloves. The gloves I ran in today were on my feet! I know?! Today was my first official vibram fivefingers run!!! I went 1.6 miles in 16 miles!! I learned a lot in my first attempt:

1.) if you run on a rock/stone you will feel it immediately and attempt to over correct
2.) The road is super rough
3.) it definitely feels different to run in vibrams than in nikes
4.) my ankle isn't completely healed from the 5 mile sprained run in DC...


I'm sure I will continue to learn new things every time I strap on my vibrams and venture down the trail/road!

But it is nice to be out and running in the shoes that inspired my running goals... Born to Run and it's emphasis on the benefits of barefoot running was why I registered for the Philly Half Marathon last April before having set out on my first "jog"...

I am excited to continue training in my vibrams and race my first 5k in minimalist running shoes on May 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment