Thursday, March 17, 2011

5 days left to train

Today, I focused on stretching and toning and strengthening my muscles with yoga... then the dog escaped and I ran a couple miles in flip flops chasing mr crazy paws... I received my FINAL INSTRUCTIONS email and i'm super freaked out... THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!! READY OR NOT!!! eek....

So I've issued a challenge to facebook friends... donate to a charity, tell me which one, and hopefully I will have 13 charities to run for... one for each mile... so when I'm thinking I can't go on, I can think of 1. people suffering in Japan, 2. children sponsored through Compassion International, 3. St Jude's Children's Hospital.... (these are three causes that have been impacted so far)...

I need something bigger than myself to push through the walls... I need to think beyond my own inabilities and do it for those who can't...

Often, I think about those young men and women returning from war with less than they went with... those who lose a leg or both and would give anything to run again... those who become blinded as an effect from an IED, or a head injury, would give anything to see the sites of DC the way I will get to see them.... and for all those who come home only to rest in peace...

What would keep you racing toward the goal at mile 9?

No comments:

Post a Comment