Saturday, March 12, 2011

Setbacks and leaps forward

Running into the wind just seems so counter-productive... i was having a great run today (after a dismal effort that saw shin splints and stomach pains yesterday) and then the force of the wind against me made it feel like i was barely moving... and yes, one of my hardest things to do while running is to mentally accept that i'm running a distance for a long period of time (ADD perhaps?)... so I just stopped... and stood with my arms out as the wind tried to knock me down... it was crazy... then i started walking into the wind, which is not as draining as running into the wind... but still, mentally distracting for me...

but the great thing about running into wind is that when you turn around to go back, the wind is pushing you forward... so the time you lose on the first half, you pick up on the way back...

CHOICE: running into the wind vs running with the wind to my back? option #2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I normally carry a bottle of gatorade while I run, but for some reason today I was feeling like I should take a bottle of water instead. Water is great, and essential for life, especially for staying hydrated while running... but I must admit, I like gatorade better... when I run through the water stations during the half marathon i will grab a cup of water, but i will definitely be holding my bottle of gatorade throughout the race until it is empty...

CHOICE: Gatorade vs Water? Option #1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update on Marathon Fresh Scent deodorant testing - testing will continue for two weeks and culminate with the real reason for this experiment, the MEGA TEST in DC
Test 1: FAIL (Friday 3/11)
Test 2: WIN (Saturday 3/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment