Thursday, March 10, 2011

5 Miles in 54 Minutes

Tuesday I got myself back on the trail and ran with the most power I've felt since November... and 54 minutes later I had run 5 miles... it's amazing how good you feel after you finish a training run... I wanted to keep going but I had set a goal and met it so I decided just to keep on schedule.

Yesterday was a downpour, a big washout...

and today was surprisingly soaked as well... plus, the park I run at was closed!? what?! I'm going to go ahead and assume that it was because of all the rain... the river was rushing and crazy high on Tuesday so after two more days of rain, I bet there was some flooding... I have to admit it was disappointing...

But on a positive note, I found a sport deodorant that is called "marathon fresh scent" -- this could be the holy grail of running... I know I know... you'd think gatorade or vibram fivefingers or power bars or the perfect ipod playlist would be the holy grail, but seriously, have you ever smelled someone after they've run 13.1 miles!?

Details to come after I test the power of this miracle product...

No comments:

Post a Comment